Friday, November 06, 2009

This is true love.









"....A Son asked his father, "Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?" The father who, despite having a heart condition, says "Yes". They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons. The father always saying "Yes" to his son's request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his fater, "Dad, let's join the Ironman together."To which, his father said "Yes"......"




Dick Hoyt is 66 years old.
This is the power of true love.
Some nights i wished you were still around. I miss you and i never knew what you were really like. I cried really hard watching that video because i never knew what father love felt like. When i see families out on outings, i always have this urge to cry. I always wondered how different my life would be if you were still around, how my birthdays might still be perfect. They never were after you left. You din't manage to keep your promise to bring me home for my 3rd birthday, it was just 15 days away. I'm struggling like hell now, struggling to excel in my own way and be that perfect daughter. People tell me to live for myself, but how can i right? I've got the best mum in the world who has slogged so hard for 15 years to bring me up, and i want to give her what she has given me, the best of what she can. I want her to finally enjoy, to do the things she love, to finally live for herself. I'll work hard, i will .
Whatever it takes, in my own way. I'll take care of her for you. It breaks my heart to see how much she misses you, bless us while you're up there. I love you. Wish you were here.



No comments: